Monday, June 15, 2009

What does happiness look like to you?



Happiness comes in all varieties. Sometimes, I will be in the middle of it before I know I am looking at it. It usually always includes all of my children and my husband:

Pajamas, popcorn and movie snacks, a movie, a few couches, home made-hand me down quilts, a husband and children.

Vegging in a back yard chair, brick patio, shade, straw hat, a book, a husband and kids entertained with something other than me.

And times I find I am happy without all of them:

Me, my guitar (Rosalie), abilities to play that I don't quite possess, and singing.

And with just my husband...well, I can't really mention those, but there are never children in that daydream, and I always picture us in a cabin in the middle of nowhere with only the crickets and the fireplace to listen to. Or my husband is sporting the straw hat, white tee-shirt, blue jeans, and tattoos whilst on the ride-along-mower. Oh dear. (fanning) I think I gotta go.

2 comments:

kris and mel said...

have you heard that song yet that always makes me think of you? i think it's called "big green tractor" by jason aldean. maybe you'll hate it. but it makes me think of you and smile anyway. :)

shontell said...

Is it a makeout song? I am trying to dedicate this music track to makeout songs. Then I can just dim my pimp lights and talk Barry White to my husband. I mean, I usually fall asleep right after I start talking, which isn't as romantic, but it's the thought that counts right? Isn't that the saying?