Sunday, January 25, 2009

JOY


Did you find any this week?














My guess is, if you even cracked open that book, you were faced with everything BUT joy. I knew it was going to happen, but I still felt a little blind sighted. This next week, I am hoping for smoother days, but I am not scared. I can take it. Actually, God can take it; I don't need to. I just have to be willing to:

Focus on God,
Turn to my Bible consistently,
choose my moves carefully (kiss my husband rather than kick him as he goes by),
Trust that God is my healer, is up to something great, and loves me,
show that love to others, no matter what,
turn over those issues at every step no matter how many times I have to do it!

I don't mention any of those things lightly. I have my work cut out for me this week. How about you? Anything come up this week that you want to share? Any joy robbers lurking? Any challenges this week?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

joy robbers? yes.
challenges? yes.
I know I need this study though. I loved reading about the difference between joy and happiness.
I feel like God is bringing me to a new level with Him. I DO trust him. I DO love Him. I want to be filled with the joy of my Lord at all times. I have a way to go...but I'm on the road!

shontell said...

I am glad for you friend. I feel like I need to prepare myself to suddenly not be on the road I started on each morning. It makes me tired, but then I remember that I don't like to take it one day at a time. I am more of a minute to minute kind of girl. Do you think God thinks I am high maintenance?