Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Brusha Brusha Brusha, It's Candy for Your Teeth


So, you might log on here and think I am giving the silliest advice if I am recommending you brush your teeth, but I REALLY am recommending you brush your teeth! Here is what I mean. Each night, I tend to get bored and convince myself I am hungry. I began to realize that if I brush and floss my teeth earlier in the night, I don't eat unless I am really hungry and willing to RE-brush my teeth. As soon as I tuck in my kids, well after I have eaten dinner and probably had a snack, I make my way to the bathroom to brush and floss.
This technique has saved me from doing extra sit ups because if I am munching at night, it is usually junk food and not healthy snacks I am eating. Try it, and let me know what you do to cut back on snacking when you aren't really hungry.

3 comments:

Joni said...

I agree...I work so hard to clean my teeth and get all the chunks that hide away in the gaps due to dental work, that eating something just doesn't seem appealing.

Tiffany said...

I use this trick sometimes too. But ironically, as I was reading this I was munching on some chips...late at night...and not because I'm hungry. I should have brushed my teeth earlier.

shontell said...

AHAA good confession Tiff. Joni, your teeth look loverly.