Friday, July 17, 2009

Why Didn't You Do It?


There are a number of things in my life I SHOULD have done that I didn't. Everyone of them I think of, my reason is the same: I was scared.

Scared of the outcome, scared of what someone would say or think, scared of messing it all up, scared of getting in the way of the "real" work.

I think we get like this when we start doubting that God is really interested in using us- using our gifts. But, it's true. God GAVE us those gifts, not as a souvenir shot glass to be placed behind a glass case, but as everyday items to be used as often as God gives us the opportunity. So, what didn't you do? Why didn't you do it?

1 comment:

A Bit Of Everything said...

I keep trying, I really do, but the outcome is not good enough.
I will overcome this.

Thank you for that post. I rely on God and know that it will happen. My husband said to me today...."remember what Shontell said; "we will walk together, as it is meant to be."
Yup, God is in Control.