Friday, July 3, 2009

Through Their Eyes

I cannot say for certain how my children see me; I like to think it's good though. They laugh often, so I think I might be funny. They dance a lot, so I think I might sing often. They apologize with ease, so I think I might do that-sometimes. They are randomly kind, so they must have gotten that from somewhere. They love healthy food and regularly ask for broccoli, so I must be a good cook. They beg to go to Whole Foods with me, so I must have taught them the importance of eating greens- or free samples. They are regularly found sleeping in the same bedroom together instead of the two other rooms we paid for with this house, so I must have passed on the strength of togetherness. They are willing to beat up any threatening force that stands against a sibling, so they must see the spirit of protection in me.
I don't know how they see me. They may never tell me in words. I will have to wait and see.
See how my sons treat their wives. See how my daughters raise their sons. See how each of my children faces adversity. See how long it takes each of them to hit their knees when evil rears its ugly head. In the meantime, I will do my best to set a good example. It's certainly a lot of pressure.

1 comment:

A Bit Of Everything said...

Darling friend,

You are more than a good example...YOU Have the Heart of Christ and Your children see it and emmulate it!